Welcome to our online office, we have over 10 years of expertise

Suite 238, 7025 Tomken Rd.,
Mississauga, Ontario L5S 1R6

Visitor & Super Visa

Visitor Visa:

Temporary Resident Visa allow foreign nationals to enter Canada temporarily for either pleasure (normally tourist) or business visits. Some foreign national do not require a Temporary Resident Visa if they are citizen from an exempt country. If a foreign national is not a citizen from an exempt country, that person must apply to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada. Spouses and dependents of those who are temporarily residing in Canada might also be required to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on their country of origin.

If a foreign national who has a Temporary Resident Visa while in Canada wish to work, that person must obtain a work permit. The foreign national can then apply for a work permit from a Canadian Consulate, Embassy or High Commission abroad.

There are three types (3) of Temporary Resident Visas:

  • Single Entry Visa– this allows the foreign national only one entry into Canada;
  • Multiple Entry Visa– this allows the foreign national unlimited entry into Canada pending the validity of the Visa; and
  • Transit Visa– this allows entry to Canada for foreign nationals who are traveling and who’s flight or bus enter Canada for less that forty-eight (48) hours, but who’s country of origin is one that requires a visa.

Exempt From Obtaining A Temporary Resident Visa

  • Citizens of certain countries;
  • Individuals lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence;
  • British citizens, and citizens of British dependent territories who derive their citizenship through birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British dependent territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands;
  • Persons holding a valid and subsisting Special Administrative Region passport issued by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China; and
  • Persons holding passports or travel documents issued by the Holy See.

Note that foreign nationals who plan to visit Canada for more than six (6) months, and who have resided in certain countries within a year prior to their arrival in Canada will be required to take a medical examination before being granted a Temporary Resident Visa.

Super Visa

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may apply for a Super Visa which is valid for up to 10 years and allows a parent or grandparent to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.

In order to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
  • be found admissible to Canada; and
  • meet certain other conditions.

Determining Admissibility

A foreign national must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:

  • the person’s ties to the home country;
  • the purpose of the visit;
  • the person’s family and financial situation;
  • the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
  • an invitation from a Canadian host.
  • provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold
  • prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and;
  • complete an Immigration Medical Examination

Parent and Grandparents may need a temporary resident visa to visit Canada, depending on their citizenship. However, if they are visa exempt, they still may benefit from the Parent and Grand Parent Super Visa. Before obtaining a Canada visa/Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents, make sure to determine that passports are valid for the duration of stay in Canada.